Re: new module for gnome 2.10: goobox

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 08:43, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
> I propose Goobox for inclusion in the desktop part of GNOME.
[..]
> There is neither documentation nor localisation at the moment;
> accessibility should be fairly easy because the only custom widget is
> the volume button widget; usability and HIG-compliance are the reason
> why I did this program so there is no problem here ;)

As was said with the id3 tagging application in the 2.7 cycle, you're
basically supposed to have most of this working at the time of
inclusion. We're not going to fix everything for you. However, we can
help a hand, and are very willing to do so if the application is worth
it.

> Goobox is available in the goobox module on CVS.

If you want (as for things like release management and so on), you can
consider including it in the gnome-media module. This is just an option,
not a request or a demand.

I favour this proposal, and am willing to spend some time on
desktopifying it (HIG love - some of the dialogs really need some work,
i18n setup) if it were accepted in the 2.10 desktop. I'm unsure what
we'll do with s-j now, since I initially wanted that to replace
gnome-cd. Maybe Ross wants to help a hand here, too? [/wish].

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>