Re: Proposing module: PyGTK

I guess I am answering to the thread in general more than Jeff's mail in
particular with this mail. Anyway I guess what we truly need to decide
is what we can accept to while keeping GNOME maintainable. What we
really want to avoid is a situation like we had with Sawfish, where the
original author leaves and we have hell finding maintainer due to it
using a small language.

Which means I guess that Python and C++ for instance is acceptable to
depend on as we have large groups of people involved using and knowing
them. A bit more uncertain about Perl and Java (as in java-gnome, not
java the platform). Other stuff like Ruby, Lisp/Scheme, PHP, Haskell and
so on is probably a no, even if they are or get into the bindings
release at some point. C# and Mono is of course a completly different
discussion at it brings in a lot more than just a language :)

Christian