Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME-Backgrounds for GNOME 2.10

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 00:28 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> Thomas Wood wrote:
> > This is a proposal that the gnome-backgrounds module should be included
> > in GNOME 2.10.
>
> I'm all for the beautification of Gnome, but I don't think adding a lot
> of background images is necessarily the right move. I'd rather see a
> small set (5 or 6?) of really professional and elegant backgrounds (ala
> Mac OS X).

I agree with this. I feel backgrounds in the feel of the banners on the
GNOME.org website, lots of snow capped peaks and such.

Maybe a GNOME Monthly Image that grabs an image via GNOME-Vfs (ala,
Ubuntu) with each one getting more and more revealing then the last...
(ok, I'm kidding about this idea).

--d

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA