Re: GNOME 2.10 module proposal: libnotify and notification-daemon

<quote who="Christian Hammond">

> Now, if the functionality of notification-daemon was integrated into some
> other larger part of gnome, a crash would take that all down with it. Not
> as fun.

Not as fun, but at least it might be obvious: "Oh, *LOOK*, my notification
applet crashed. Yes, restart please." Don't always trust the generic concept
of "modularity == robust". :-)

(That said, I agree with the dbus activation stuff, and hope we hear from
Ray about his plans soon.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

   "Oh my god, if I get killed, Meryl Streep will get an award playing my
          life and I would be really pissed off." - Susan Sarandon