Re: Request feedback for gcalctool feature request.

> > Your feedback is requested. Should we add this in as an extra mode
> > for GNOME 2.9/10? Should this replace the existing Basic mode?
>
> Yes! What I need is a calculator that does my real-life stuff, and this
> is just that (although there's an "add" function too, but that may be
> needed someday :) . More advanced modes should still be available of
> course, as you suggest.

Thanks. Just to give an update on this. The new "Light" mode is in, although
I've renamed it "Basic", and what was "Basic", is now "Advanced". The
"Financial" and "Scientific" modes are still there too.

I've also adjusted it so that the scrollbar for the display area is only
visible when it's needed, and even then, the rightmost part of the display
is now continually visible as you type in new input.

Changes are in CVS HEAD. I don't plan to generate a new tarball until the
next GNOME 2.9.X release, as I'd like to try to fix a couple more things,
but if folks would like to try it and give me feedback, that would be very
much appreciated.

Note that the first time you try to use it, it might complain about an
incorrect mode. This is because of a mismatch of the saved gconf resource
and the new mode types. Just ignore it. It should go away the next time you
restart it.