Re: Proposing clipboard-daemon for Gnome 2.10

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:14:27 +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:
> You should search the archives. From what I understand, the conclusion
> was that just a clipboard manager that keeps the content in memory is
> not acceptable. They want a completely new clipboard design, that can
> deal with things like copying 1 gigabyte of video data.

Which IMHO is crazy ... the new ass-kicking clipboard design is
apparently still fictional, and having a clipboard cache would make the
behaviour of the X clipboard a lot less confusing. It doesn't have to be
perfect and it could opt out of things that are too big, but in this case
I think something is better than nothing.

thanks -mike