Re: gnome-vfs mime api rework

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:04 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:53 +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>
> > So to have readable headers I think moving them out to -deprecated.h
> > could make sense. We shouldnt break applications obviously but ... cant
> > that be solved by including the -deprecated.h header where necessary?
>
> 	No, there's no real way around it because it plainly breaks API
> compatibility - applications which built against gnome-vfs 2.0 should
> continue to be buildable (without modification) against gnome-vfs 2.x.

Hmmm, I'm either missing something or not making myself clear:

gnome-vfs-mime-handlers.h:

#include gnome-vfs-mime-deprecated.h

<Insert the non deprecated api here>

Now, old applications that still use the deprecated api would get it by
just including gnome-vfs-mime-handlers.h as before.

What am I missing ?

Marco