Re: Menubar (and Empty Default Desktop) Proposals for GNOME 2.10

Dnia 18-11-2004, czw o godzinie 23:56 +1100, Nigel Tao napisał:
> This isn't a module proposal, but it is something that I would like to
> see for 2.10 - and I presume that this is the right forum to raise this.
>
> I have one small proposal and one less-small proposal for the GNOME menu
> bar (the "Applications Actions" menu).

[snip]

Personally, -1 from me for empty desktop. I dislike empty desktop, it's
very un-spatial, and generally unwieldy. Shortcutted access to Home,
Computer, etc. via menu entries would surely be useful (even if slightly
un-spatial too), for those times when you have your desk crowded with
open windows, but I'm against emptying desktop as consequence of
providing menu entries

Cheers,
Maciej

PS. To make myself clear: I don't comment on other parts of proposal
here, just on desktop part

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"
   Maciej Katafiasz <mnews2 wp pl>