Re: Menubar (and Empty Default Desktop) Proposals for GNOME 2.10

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 07:41 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

I'm not sure about the rest of this yet, but I'll comment on this part.

> > Search for Files (it stays in Actions, if not superseded by Beagle)
>
> I think this is Places worthy, particularly if 'Actions' becomes 'System'
> (or similar).

I was going to start pushing on a bug we have somewhere to change
Actions to Desktop.  Actions has been for a while this grab bag full of
items we just didn't know where else to put and the metaphor is not a
strong one.  System seems to be very technical term, were as Desktop is
softer, more widely used term to describe the system or the pseudo root
file system (a la ms desktop); essentially Desktop is a grab bag term
that definitely does better than Actions and is probably less scary than
System.

Cheers,
~ Bryan