Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:39:04 +0100
Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk> wrote:

> Having some sensible (and optional) auto management of these folders
> will help them be more organised and efficient even if they are
> totally disorganised by nature.

I thought a bit of it and maybe the idea isn't as bad. But the whole
thing should be very sensible, ie tell the user what you do if he
downloads a file the first time (and allow him to disable it) AND very
important keep a list of downloaded files with an 'Open Folder' button
and text which says in which directory it was saved and if it was
"auto-managed". I think if we have these things, we could give it a try.
Ah, and don't make too much dirs, not more than four (Music, Pictures,
Ebooks, Video) and the fallback 'Downloads'.

By the way what should happen with archives? Should we look into them,
maybe we are going to download a bunch of holiday-photos, shouldn't they
get into 'Pictures'?

Cheers,

Daniel