Re: Should Desktop = Home?

Hi,
	(I don't like to pick on anyone in particular, because a lot of people
on this list need to learn when to let something drop ...)

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 17:51, Ed Mack wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 16:00, Bryan Cole wrote:
> > I vote YES! I've converted to $HOME==Desktop a few months back (since
> > gnome-2.6 and spatial-nautilus) and I now think it's great. It REALLY
>
> Ok, I'm sold, but what about kde $HOME/Desktop? Any ideas for that
> 'mess'? And upgrading old user's desktops too.
>
> You make switching sound like fun! I'm excited now

	This thread is a re-hash of an issue that has been flogged to death
already.

	Please, pretty pretty please, if you're going to contribute to trying
re-open such a discussion, then do so in a much more considered manner,
do so on a non-development list or don't do so at all.

	"I vote YES", "Me too", "I'm sold, this is fun" is just noise to the
developers who have to decide on the issue (and have already decided),
no matter how well intentioned.

Thanks,
Mark.