Re: RFC: Common desktop-wide paths

The cool thing about this solution is you can have your directory
structure however you like.  Alot of the solutions being presented
have alot of restrictions to your directory stucture, like not being
able to store your documents on another machine or discribing what
directories you MUST have.

Another good thing about this solution, is that it would be forward
compatible to when we want to organise our files using meta data.  You
could attach meta labels to a meta data filter instead of just a
directory.