Gnome 2.8.0 -- This shouldn't happen

Hi

Gnome people have years of experience doing releases, but continue having a major problem: compatibility. We install (upgrade) gnome 2.6 to gnome 2.8 and lose a lot of custumization.. specially:

1. lost half of my key bindings
2. lost ALL my panel
3. galeon doesn't start complaining about gconf schemas not installed

I really had to complain.

Cheers,
--
Alberto Simões

Much as I hate to say it, the Computer Science view of language design
has gotten too inbred in recent years. The Computer Scientists should
pay more attention to the Linguists, who have a much better handle on
how people prefer to communicate.
            --Larry Wall