Re: Deleted 'Wastebasket' from Desktop... Nautilus issues as a result.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:10:08 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 17:14 +0100, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>
>> How can I recreate this dynamic Desktop icon and restore functionality to
>> my 'Wastebasket' Bookmarks menu item in Nautilus?
>
> Using gconf-editor, set the
> key /apps/nautilus/desktop/trash_icon_visible to true.
>
> --d

BTW, for 'Bookmarks' menu read 'Go' menu.  Sorry...

Thanks.  I've got the icon back and 'trash:' is no longer empty when in fact
it is full.  Of course it may be some other unknown factor but it appears as
if the visibility of the icon on the desktop affects the visibility of items
in the Wastebasket viewed from the 'Go' menu.

Once again, thanks for the tip.

sebyte

--
CC me by all means but a follow-up will usually do.