Re: Revisiting the GNOME Panel in general...

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

> All notification icons derive from EggTrayIcon, right? Context menu merging
> is used in GtkTextView, GtkEntry, GtkLabel etc. The same approach could be
> used for notification icon context menu I think.

I think it can not (but I may be mistaken). AFAIK, the tray icons are
just X windows that are embedded. Menu merging would require some kind
of IPC mechanism, like bonoboui. Which would break desktop independence.
Or you wojuld have to use CORBA, which would basically mean reinventing
the wheel.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."