Re: Speed improvement of gnome-terminal

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 18:33 +0530, Geetha wrote:
> There are concerns about the gnome-terminal speed. The display and
> refresh are a bit slow.
> The gnome-terminal uses libvte backend.
> I rebuilt the gnome-terminal with libzvt(2.0.1-54.2) backend but did not
> find a significant speed improvement (thought it was faster). Further
> zvt does not provide i18n support. I downloaded the latest cvs zvt and
> rebuilt with that. But that seemed slower than vte.
> To improve the gnome-terminal speed there might be some optimizations
> which could be made on the backend libvte. Any other thoughts on this?
> Do drop in any suggestions for improving gnome-terminal speed...

I noticed recently that having the "Assistive Technology Support" turned
on really slows gnome-terminal/vte down to a crawl. If you have that
turned on, try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

Another somewhat common problem seems to be transparency turned on at
100% opacity...that one caught me a while back and never fooled me
again. :)

-Tim