Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Utilities :: Needs a maintainer

Hi!,

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 23:35 +1300, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > >	Log Viewer
> > >		- This one is a bit dud, and starting to code rot. I've
> > >		  thought about rewriting this time and time again, but
> > >		  never really got around to it. Should it even belong
> > >		  in a gnome-utils package, especially since it seems
> >
> > 	What about moving the log viewer to gnome-system-tools? It makes more
> > sense as an admin tool than as a Desktop utility. Also being in g-s-t would
> > allow it to do some sudo magic to change to adm or whatever distro specific
> > group with right perms to views logs (righ now if I launch it from my menu
> > under FC2 I'm not be able to view any log)
>
> That makes a lot of sense to me alright. I guess that's up to the new
> maintainers now to sit down with Carlos and see what future plans they
> can make - currently logview is pretty complicated for a simple log
> viewer, and I prefer the Red Hat approach.

Sorry for not answering before, I completely forgot this mail :(

Just wanted to say that I agree a lot, I'd love to see at least a
collaboration framework between projects/tools related to sysadmin, if
there's anything I can do to help... :)

	Carlos