Re: gnome-user-share

Qui, 2004-09-09 às 15:55 +0200, Alexander Larsson escreveu:
> I just released the first tarball of gnome-user-share, as described in
> my blog at http://www.advogato.org/person/alex/diary.html?start=10.
>
> Just install it, run the app and enable it in gconf
> at /desktop/gnome/file_sharing/enabled and the shares should appear in
> nautilus.
>
> Of course, it needs a UI to enable/disable, some integration with gnome-
> session and maybe a UI to manage the .htaccess file, but it at least
> works.

  I think this is a small revolution! ;-)

  It would be useful to optionally add ssl and some form of
authentication, I think.

  The Public folder is completely unproteced, isn't it?  It even allows
sharing accross a WAN.  I think passwordless access is ok as long as we
restrict it to the subnets of locally attached interfaces.  Either that
or change the TTL of outgoing packets to 1. ;-)

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic