Re: xorg 6.8 composite support?

<quote who="Florian Föbel">

> All these problems can be solved by setting XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS to 1
> when starting the app. Are there any plans at the moment to use this
> variable for all apps that need it?  There will be a lot of complaints
> about crashing/buggy Gnome apps because of this simple variable.

The apps (or underlying libraries) need to be fixed in preference to setting
the variable. I'm sure this will happen over the 2.10 period, if not before
2.8.1 [1].

- Jeff

[1] depending on how far down the library stack it goes.

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

    "Orphaned farm-boy hero helps save world against bad-guys, begins a
   journey of self-discovery, and makes interesting friends. Passable." -
                        Andrew Bennetts on Star Wars