Re: Regarding a new default theme

Ter, 2004-09-14 às 13:18 -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru escreveu:
> >Something that really bothers me with a lot of themes, is the placement
> of the arrows on the scrollbars
>
> Changed to a more traditional look.
>
> >make it *much* easier to distinguish between the active
> and inactive notebook tabs.
>
> Some subtle changes were made.
>
> Updated mockup:
> http://www.osnews.com/img/8251/butter.png

  You can't just make any mockup with your favorite drawing program and
ask for a volunteer to implement it as engine.  This theme looks very
complicated to implement in code.  It contains some complex gradients
and shadows, not to mention anti-aliased paths.  But I forgive you
because you're not a programmer :-)

  All this could be done with the pixmap engine, but of course it will
be slower and a more memory hungry, like all pixmap themes.  And the
pixmap engine works by scaling predefined images to fit the widgets'
area, therefore it doesn't yield as precise results.

  An alternative would be to implement this with an svg engine that is
reasonably fast.  Another alternative will be, in the (hopefully near)
future, to use cairo.

  Otherwise, I aplaud your efforts.  It is a very pleasant theme mockup.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic