Re: the future of GNOME Applets

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 08:12, Enver ALTIN wrote:
> Merhaba,
>
> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 21:12 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > Disk Mounter
> > 	This applet looks ugly, has a confusing interface and looks like
> > 	a bad GNOME2 port of a GNOME1 applet. Completely unmaintained.
> > 	Almost everything it does has been replaced by g-v-m or
> > 	computer://. Plus it doesn't work on Solaris. It would have to
> > 	be completely rewritten to use gnome-volume-manager, although
> > 	I'm not sure how useful it would be. I propose stopping it from
> > 	compiling by default but not removing the code.
>
> In favor of the computer:/// URI, this is not really useful for me. Can
> be removed, IMHO.

I would agree with getting rid of the computer:/// URI. That is
completely unintuitive. The disk mounter applet is much more useful and
if it is considered ugly (I would disagree here) then maybe it should be
beautified.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences