Re: gnome-about-me

Diego Gonzalez wrote:

Other stuff: should i include information about the address, email and
im accounts of the user? should the user be able to change information
about its address? if the installation is a "home based" one then the
information related to the address will be kept in gconf, but if the
installation is an enterprise one probably the address related stuff
should be modified in an LDAP server or something like that.

This looks great. I'm particularly interested in hearing what everyone thinks about this "other stuff" because I was going to propose something similar:

My Preferences->
       My Personal Information->
                   Personal Information (Name, Address, Phone number)
                   Login Photo
                   Password (user account password + gnome-keyring-manager)
                   Email Account(s) (email Notification)
                   Instant Messenger Account(s) (Automatic login)

the idea was that the user will fill this info as part of the account creation (in the case of distributions) or from the "Start here" when the user logs in for the first time so that evolution, gaim, gossip, and any other e-d-s aware app could be "pre-configured" based on what the user entered here.

Anyway, good luck.

Ricardo Veguilla