Re: Revisiting the Gnome Bindings

> I always thought the main point of gnome-bindings was to encourage
> bindings to follow the GNOME release schedule, keep up to date with the
> API changes, and to promote little-known bindings.

Yes, and I don't expect distros to distribute stuff that has no schedule
or no clear API stability. I think that they would be interested in
distributing and supporting something that is worth distributing and
supporting. So, the aims kind of go together for me.

> Distributions package what they want, and if (say) Fedora doesn't
> include Java I don't see how they could package java-gnome (although it
> probably works under GCJ/Kaffe, this was just an example).

Yes, though some distros have a way to add extra stuff. Java is a special
case though, I admit.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com