RE: Goals for 2.10 - desktop-wide profiling

On Mer, 2004-09-22 at 18:23, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> No Alan, it's not. I tried FC2 on a 128 MB machine, it was *unusable*. In
> fact, sometimes the apps that I would click via the menus wouldn't load at
> all (512 MBs of swap btw). FC2 does require 192 MBs of RAM for Gnome (and
> it's on the release notes too).

Then we must agree to disagree since this gets into user perception
and also depends a lot on configuration (eg turning off SELinux, and the
fact I'm running it on a low end video setup in 16bit)

> >XFCe is still snappy in 32Mb using gtk2, so we know it can be done.
>
> XFce 4 is "just" usable at 128 MB on Fedora.

I run XFCe on a 64Mb touchscreen box, its snappy. I guess it depends
what other apps you run with it.