Re: Revisiting the GNOME Panel in general...

<quote who="James M. Cape">

> I'd also like to note that one of the nice features of MacOS X is the fact
> that the little notification icons at least behave as though they are
> integrated items in the top menubar. Perhaps the default widget could be
> coaxed via an XSetting (e.g. "panel-notification-menu-active" or
> something) to draw itself as a selected menuitem and fire the widget's
> "popup-menu" signal when necessary?

Or it could just *be* a menu item... Why are those things "any kind of
widget" anyway? :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME Boston Summit                                       October 9-11, 2004

   "My computer is like 3 lines of code away from attaining sentience. I
        just have an off-by-one bug somewhere, and that's it: total
                       consciousness." - Nat Friedman