Re: GNOME 2.12 Proposed Schedule

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 04:18 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's the proposed schedule for GNOME 2.12. Very little has changed, we've
> just pulled back the release candidate a week, but left the code freeze one
> week before final. Hopefully this will net more testers, without too much
> bureaucracy fixing their bugs in the very final stages of the release. :-)

I would suggest that during the period during the release candidate and
code freeze we announce code changes to release-team   (just like we do
at other times for string/ui changes).  Just prompts maintainers to step
back and consider quickly whether the change is really needed.  I really
like the idea of having a period to get the feedback and make changes
without getting approval though, this was a bit of an issue for evo last
time around because of the 3 week gap in releases and then the delay
getting out the release candidate.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>