Re: Evince as universal "Viewer"

No, primarily because the interfaces for manipulating and viewing images differ subtly from does of manipulating and viewing text. There is a unix philosophy that advocates applications should perform one function and execute it well. As opposed to being a jack of all trades and failing at executing each trade effectively.

I can only forsee more bugs and maintanance nightmares by trying to turn Evince into a multidocument viewer. I also thought GNOME was moving away from an application centric paradigm to a document centric paradigm. I prefer Evince continues to be a postscript and postscript derivative viewer, while EOG remains an image viewer.

Both serve their functions efficiently and effectively, why change it?