Re: Evince as universal "Viewer"

Your list is a good start at a mission statement for evince.  And I
think such a statement would put threads like this to rest.

You say it's a document viewer that focuses on linear navigation.
That seems fairly good to me.

I think it will help to say that evince is not merely a "PDF viewer".
It potentially deals in any document type that lends itself to linear
navigation.

And, maybe obvious, it is a viewer, not an editor, of said documents.

I'm just throwing some criteria around.  But setting some criteria
down is a good idea, IMO.  I've been wondering for a while myself what
evince *is* to its creators.

Justin