Re: RFC: On-line Content Filtering of directories

On Wed, 2005-20-04 at 00:04 +0200, Diego Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have implemented a new feature for Nautilus, it is a way to filter
> the contents of a directory, right now it only works when Nautilus is
> in spatial mode. If there is interest in it, it can easily be extended
> to work on navigational windows.

Well its no longer spatial, since the filter makes files "disappear",
but its a nice feature none the less.

A better idea might be to change the concept to "bring certain files to
the top" or "stack up similar files" instead of the computer sciency
filter concept. I think that might give you a better chance of getting
the patch accepted.

You could also try putting it in the power-user-ish browser mode only.

You should open a bug in bugzilla for proper review.

Cheers,
Ryan