control-center-2.10.2 empty after upgrade/recompile

Hello,

like various releases before I built my Gnome 2.10.2 from
scratch. The sources are the official release packages for
release 2.10.2, plus some missing packages (what is
"update-desktop-database", please?)

It seems really fine, and some glitches are easy to fix or
can be ignored for now. Except the dysfunctional
gnome-control-center.

	This time, the *control-center* just shows an empty main window.
	No Menu.
	No Icon.
	No Warning.
	No stderr.
	No Nothing.

Have You any idea you to find the bug?
Some old stuff to unregister/delete, because the
"make install"s went into a 2.6-and-earlier-used-gnome2
directory.

After all: Great. So bad, that the documentation about
self-building seems to be unavailable now for those who
distrust make-all-tools like gargnome.

Please feel free to pointme to a better fitting
mailinglist. :)

MTIA!

Marian