Re: audioconvert! the new super script to convert audio files! would you like to include it?

Behdad Esfahbod píše v Pá 05. 08. 2005 v 02:34 -0400:
> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, James M. Cape wrote:
>
> > Actually, on further thought, having the conversion also accessible by
> > simply renaming the files would be really slick. Imagine this excha.nge:
>
> W00T.  That would be uber cool.  BTW, there's a page on
> live.gnome.org about powertools, stuff that are interesting for
> power users, but not _normal_ users ;).  Unfortunately I cannot
> find the page right now.  Google doesn't find it and FindPage on
> l.g.o is broken (no wonder).
>

> behdad 'where was that page Luis' esfahbod

Hmm. Your idea calls for generalization. We have a MIME-type definition
in each desktop filem, but it definition knows nothing about the fact,
what can application do with listed MIME-type. Extended description
could look:

Have a (possibly unlimited) set of actions defined somewhere: Read
(default), Edit, Send_via_Bluetooth...

MimeType=class/type;class/anothertype;
MimeType/Edit=class/type
MimeTypeConvert(class/anothertype)=class/type
MimeTypeConvertCommand(*/*,class/anothertype)=myconvert %s -t %M %S
MimeTypeConvertCommand=myconvert -f %m %s -t %M %S

Nautilus could take an advance of such database while renaming files or
with menu item "Convert to" without much effort from application author.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/