Re: Device icon action

Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 16:34 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 00:17 +0100, Ed Mack wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed that Gnome does not handle media such as dvds very
intelligently - when I double-click the device icon, a file browser is
opened instead of Totem, which is un-intuitive to me. It's the same for
the whole range of devices.

Are there plans to enable to Gnome to handle media and its contents in a
smart way? Is there a 'right' place to store which applications should
be used to open different content?

I think it would be worthwhile to let Nautilus read the settings from
gnome-volume-manager and enforce the same policy.

I was discussing that with Sebastien this afternoon. The problem is the
same for audio CDs with the cdda: method installed, you'd get a bunch of
wave files, when it should really be launching a CD player when
double-clicked.

Sounds reasonable
How would I then access the files if I wanted to access them? Nautilus is a file manager so there should be an option to see the files.

Jaap