Re: API documentation requirements for next releases

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 19:07 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> [Argh, hit "Send" too soon, sorry about that.  Let's try again.]
>
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago we discussed adding a requirement for new APIs that enter
> the core platform [1]:  those modules which add new APIs must provide
> documentation for those APIs.  Thanks to Murray for bringing it up, and
> for resurrecting the discussion.

What about libraries and other things with some public interface
that are in the desktop?  Are we making any requirements on them?
Using RFC-speak, perhaps we should say that platform modules MUST
be fully documented, and that desktop modules SHOULD be.  Better
still, we could ask desktop module maintainers to publish a list
of undocumented interfaces shortly after feature freeze.  That
would encourage potential documentation contributors.

--
Shaun