Re: Reminder: fix critical warnings before Jan. 1st

On 12/5/05, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no> wrote:
> man, 05,.12.2005 kl. 18.51 -0500, skrev Luis Villa:
> > On 12/5/05, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is a reminder to fix all critical warnings before January 1st.  On
> > > that day, users of gnome-session HEAD will get G_DEBUG=fatal_criticals
> > > turned on automatically.
> > >
> > > Let's find those bugs and kill them!
> >
> > link to bugzilla query?
> >
> Did we agree on a keyword or some whiteboard magic?

No, partially because I'm not sure if we need one.

> I've marked some "critical-warning" (whiteboard) now, but I guess the
> easiest way is to just search for "-CRITICAL" in comments. This gave 231
> hits for me.

Most of which were due to uses of phrases like "non-critical" (e.g.
Owen used that phrase in some of the mass-bug-change thingys).  A
better search would be G_LOG_LEVEL_CRITICAL, which appears in the
stack traces.  Would that be good enough, or are there bugs filed
about critical warnings that come without stack traces or that are
missing this word?

If we can use that, and we can use the fulltext search in
bugzilla-newer (which is waaay faster than searching comments in
current bugzilla), then this'll be fairly quick.  I only get 6 bugs
with such a query.  Unfortunately, giving you the url right now
wouldn't help a whole lot since (a) it will change soon as
bugzilla-newer is under construction, and (b) bugzilla-newer only has
an old snapshot of the database anyway.  Can you wait a couple weeks
for the link to the bugzilla query?

Cheers,
Elijah