Re: autotools gives autopain

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 13:47 +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

> You are probably not correct here Davyd, current gnome builds do require
> pkg-config to be installed.

I was specifically referring to autoconf and automake-*, however it also
applies to intltool, libtool and a bunch of other things (I think).

It is my opinion that while a build time dependence on pkg-config is not
desirable, sometimes it is unavoidable or even darned handy. In these
cases no build system on the planet is going to get us away from
pkg-config (I would also like to point out that pkg-config is 100x
better than anything else similar, and its use takes an awful lot of the
pain out of the usage of autoconf.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA