Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

<quote who="William Jon McCann">

> So, this gets to the heart of the question.  In spatial mode this
> situation can only occur if the user commonly uses lots of directories, or
> deeply nested ones.
>
> Is this the most common scenario for our target user?

One of our target users is the kind of person who works in a company, using
an office suite to read and produce documents, sharing information, etc. On
*so* many occasions (and I don't think this is news to anyone), I have seen
massive trees of categorised folders with all kinds of documents in them,
often a shared resource on a file server, which users navigate through to
open files for editing or reading, and drop files into (usually from email).

It's a very common scenario. I think these kinds of users should be on our
radar as target users (particularly with the goals of Topaz in mind).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

                      Hunch, n.: U.S. Foreign Policy.