Re: Another way to solve the Spatial vs. Navigational debate

(I told myself I wasn't going to participate in this thread.  Oh well)

John,

Absolutely.  A first time users should get at least something
that says

"Desktop Tour" and "FAQ" or something.  Documentation has been
flagging problem in GNOME and we really need to actually at
some point to complete the polish finish off the documentation.
The stuff you've been doing with DBus is a great example of making
sure documentation is an important part of a product.

Also, it seems like we have a chance to do some innovation here
with regards to spatial.  I mean it is an interesting interaction
design problem, right?  Has anybody who is at a university tried
to talk to human interface design experts/profs on what might be
a good way to re-design this?

Why not have a group split off and try to solve the "too many
windows problem"?  Or maybe advertise to universities on what might
be a great master's thesis.

sri