Re: Another way to solve the Spatial vs. Navigational debate

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 13:10 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 14:59 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> You hit on the biggest problem and a possible solution here.
> Documentation!!!  That by far would be better than throwing options in a
> user's face.  Perhaps a web site that users are directed to, having tips
> & tricks on customizing the Gnome desktop.

Mac OS 7 and later had a quick reference guide on the help menu that
gave all the useful keyboard shortcuts for the finder that were not
listed in the menus.  The whole thing fit into three screens on a tiny 9
inch monitor.  I think nautilus needs something similar.  Adding a help
button to the file chooser with similar information would probably also
be a good idea.