Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:06 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 22:39 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 22:06 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > I'd rather wait until 2.11/2.12 to add sound-juicer because I think it's
> > > only worthwhile when it can be a replacement for the CD player that
> > > happens to rip CDs too.
> >
> > As strange as it seems that would be my vote too.  I suck at getting
> > stuff done and have been rather busy recently, and would like to make SJ
> > a player as well as a ripper.
>
> People seem to want sound-juicer even though it can only rip, and not
> play as well. And I guess that would not prevent the integration of
> rhythmbox and sound-juicer, if that is indeed what we want later.
>
> So, would you still like to have it in 2.10 given that you might not
> then be able to add CD-playing to it?

My Master Plan at the moment is to quickly get out a 0.6.0 release with
the new changes in so that people not running HEAD can have a play.

I think it is fair to say that the final release for G2.10 (I suppose if
it gets in I should start tracking GNOME version numbers and use GNOME
ftp...) would be the same as what is in CVS, i.e. 0.5.x but with
profiles and fewer bugs.  For G2.12 I'd like to try Havoc's simple "play
this song" so that users can listen to a song quickly, but without
becoming another CD player.

I'll do the release of 0.6 shortly so the release team can make a
last-minute withdrawal if they feel it isn't up to scratch.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./