Re: The State of (in)Consistency of Save Confirmation Dialogs

Kinda late to chip in the discussion, but I haven't had time before.

Dnia 31-01-2005, pon o godzinie 13:16 -0500, Sean Middleditch napisał:
> Hmm, ideally, file formats would be able to include the necessary change
> information to restore the undo/redo history.

Umm, no.
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flcamtuf.coredump.cx%2Fstrikeout
(the original page is down atm, but everything is there in cache)

Preserving your work in case some disaster strikes is good idea.
Stripping apps off explicit "commit" action is extremely bad idea, one
of possible outcomes is shown in above example.

Cheers,
Maciej

PS. As Iain said, it's highly offtopic to this thread, but I wanted to
definitely kill this idea before it spreads :>

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>