Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

<quote who="Alan Cox">

> I'm all for seeing a better Gnome but removing things that don't cause
> confusion for what appear to be arbitary reasons doesn't work. All it will
> do is cause a fork in Gnome between "purist Gnome" and "vendor shipped
> Gnome for real people", where the latter puts back things the users expect
> regardless of their "purity" of model.

... and we are already seeing this happen (spatial vs. browser being the
most obvious difference).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: April 18th-23rd                    http://linux.conf.au/

   "In the pre-Internet age, I was like an Internet kid, with a 3D search
             engine, trying to find weird stuff." - John Safran