Re: gok broken with new libwnck

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:48:03 +0100, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Tried building from CVS today and found that gok is broken after the API
> changes in libwnck. Looks like gok needs a 1.0.1 release to fix this...

It looks like bug 168093 has been created for this, so let's move the
discussion there, especially since gok is the only gnome module
affected that hasn't already been fixed.

However, non-gnome modules will want to take note of the changed
libwnck API for wnck_window_activate, wnck_window_activate_transient,
wnck_window_unminimize, and wnck_workspace_activate, all of which need
timestamps.

(Also, note that Anders committed a similar patch to change the API
for wnck_window_close in the same way, between libwnck-2.6.2 and
libwnck-2.6.2.1, so it should be clear to people that libwnck isn't
completely stable, as they should know from being required to define
WNCK_I_KNOW_THIS_IS_UNSTABLE in their code)

Cheers,
Elijah