Re: gnome system tools: Shared Folder

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 23:09 +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late reply
>
>  --- Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> escribi�> > GNOME System Tools 2.9 adds a "Shared Folders" control panel, using
> > Samba and NFS.
> >
> > Considering the lack of consensus about gnome-user-share or using a
> > send-to idea, I don't think this should be installed by default. It
> > would be best if major GNOME functionality like this was based on
> > discussion and consensus, so we can get it right.
> >
> > Carlos, could you make it default to no in configure.in if the release-
> > team agrees to this feature change?
>
> Yes, I could, but it leaves me some questions: will I have to pass through the new modules process
> for each new tool? won't the gst be considered an individual entity for this?

No, I don't expect us to change the policy. I would just personally like
you to involve the community in your plans, as other maintainers do, so
that GNOME can make sense all together.

> BTW, I'd really love to see it in, as it fills a good gap in windows interoperability :)

I'm not discussing whether it's good in general, and I have no real
opinion on that.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com