Re: GNOME System Monitor will use libgnomesu

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 14:29 +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:
> The next version of GNOME System Monitor will use libgnomesu.
> (libgnomesu is API/ABI stable and I don't expect it to break compatibility.)

	Back in November we had a very long discussion about the proposal to
add libgnomesu in 2.10. I don't think we ever came to a consensus that
it should be added ...

	As part of the discussion there was confusion about whether the
dependancy could be added to gnome-system-monitor in the absence of a
consensus to add libgnomesu to the Desktop release set:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-November/msg00657.html

"
> > > But that's just my opinion. You are the maintainer.
> >
> > if this means that i'm free to use it or not, i'm going to commit
> > Hongli's patch tonight. Thanks
>
> 	The way things work currently is that maintainers are free to add
> dependancies and new modules like this. But I think that's under the
> assumption that the maintainer does so in co-ordination with the rest of
> the project - i.e. that there's a general consensus that is a good idea,
> doesn't conflict with anything else etc. I don't think its valid for a
> maintainer to add a module/dependancy while ignoring ongoing
> discussion/disagreement about whether its a good idea.
"

	I'd re-iterate what I said then.

Cheers,
Mark.