Re: One library to contain them all (DAL, Plugins, etc)

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:04 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since we seem to always need highly-specialized APIs, and given that we
> might be targeting the removal of libgnome/libgnomeui, here's a
> proposal:
>
> http://rodrigo.gnome-db.org/news.php?14/January/2005
>
> what do you think?

	«An Application class, not for having an application's main window, but
as an easy way for applications to register services to be called from
other applications. All enterprise/extended/foundation classes used by
the application could be automatically registered as services via the
Application class and thus make them available to external
applications.»

  I know there is a general trend to deprecate bonobo (which I deeply
regret), but libbonobo has, since 2.6, BonoboApplication and
BonoboAppClient. See [1] and [2].  Coupled with bonobo-activation, it
can be used to register services.

  Regards.

[1]
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libbonobo/libbonobo-bonobo-application.html
[2]
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libbonobo/libbonobo-bonobo-app-client.html

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.