Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

Havoc Pennington wrote:

So I have an alternate proposal for 2.10: just take out esound.

good call

my take here is that there's no real point in using a sound-server anymore, unless you use some hackish setup with remote workstation & sound. may I remind people that esound was included so that multiple application could use the sound device at the same time, function which is now done directly by Alsa, with it's software mixing functionnalities.
As such, we don't need those network enabled things anymore.

>  - what "play sound" API do we want apps to code to?

that should be gstreamer, right ?