Re: Remove GnomeMeeting from Gnome module list?

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 13:07 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:52:37 +0100, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>
> > OK, I am not able to follow the GNOME schedule for stable releases.
> > Please remove me from the modules list.
>
> Hi Damien,
>
> I think the fault was ours for not having specified requirements very
> clearly.  It appears that this lack of specification has resulted in
> undo hardship for both you and the GTP--both thought they were meeting
> their expectations but had an unforseen conflict.  I would like to
> work to fix that.  Please see my other email.  I believe we should
> take a careful look at things before making any hasty decisions.

So it might be helpful to have a short "module requirements' page here
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/
like the "Developer Platform API/ABI rules" and "Platform Bindings
API/ABI rules" pages.

For instance, this might say

"Maintainers are expected to make regular releases so that recent
changes can be tested, such as new features, bug-fixes, translations,
and documentation."

and

"However, maintainers do not need to make a new release if there are no
significant changes in their module."

and
"Maintainers should add new features at the start of the development
schedule, before the feature freeze. But maintainers are not expected to
add features if none are necessary, or if they will not have time to
complete the features during the current schedule. In this case, the
maintainer should inform the release-team and various sub-teams, that
the new GNOME release should use the existing stable branch."

I think this is what most maintainers understand already.

If you can make that shorter or clearer that would be great. We can add
to this later.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com