Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:25 -0800, Rob Adams wrote:
> Sound juicer is one of the best applications written for the gnome
> desktop in its current form, and I think it would only make sense to
> include it in the desktop, since ripping CDs is a very common use task
> and users now expect systems to do this out of the box.

Indeed - in my very localized and completely unscientific personal
observation, I have found that setting the default "CD Player" for
gnome-volume-manager to Sound Juicer to simplify my life.  I just stick
in the CD, rip it, and play it with Rhythmbox.  It *would* be nice t
have the same app both play and rip, but if I'm stuck with either gnome-
cd or sound-juicer, I'll take the latter.

(Now if only Rhythmbox used gamin to detect when SJ dropped new songs in
my ~/Music folder and updated its library automatically... ~_^ )