Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

Actually gtk-engines has had a pkgconfig file for a long time, at least
since 2.2, this is nothing new and certainly nothing we messed with, and
gnome-themes has had this dependency since before 2.6 as well, so again
nothing new - we didn't add it.

The only difference is the gtk-engines version dependency has been
upped. I guess its sort of because otherwise gnome-themes could be built
with gtk-engines 2.2 installed which would result in half the themes not
working due to missing/too old engines. Realistically though it makes no
difference whatsoever for binary packages, and is only there too serve
as an annoying warning/error for those building from source. It probably
could be abolished.. I have never fully seen the need for a gtk-engines
module to have a .pc file.

Andrew

--
Andrew Johnson <ajgenius ajgenius us>