Re: The wonders of cut'n'paste code

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:12 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> We've been opposed in the past, since EggTrayIcon in its current
> form is not compatible with other platforms where GTK+ runs. What was
> discussed at that point was a stripped down simplified version that
> would be compatible with the Windows notification area.

That's what I meant, the simplified API. I doubt most of these apps are
using more than the simple API would allow (not that I've really looked)

> I suppose we should consider what we want to do for widgets that
> are in fact X desktop specific...

There's always the old queryInterface() approach...
 if (tray icons support widgets not just pixbufs)
   widget_add()

Or just have the gtk equivalent of gdkx.h ...

Havoc